Welcome to The Beacon Health Group
The Partnership of Drs McAllister, Plate, Strickland & Dollery
The Beacon Health Group Partnership operates over three sites, Danbury Medical Centre based in Danbury, Mountbatten House Surgery based in North Springfield and Moulsham Lodge Surgery based in central Chelmsford.
The Beacon Health Group is now able to offer our patients a wider variety of services ranging from chronic disease clinics to minor surgery services (performed within the purpose built Minor Surgery Suite based at Danbury). We provide Friday extended morning appointments between 7.00am-8.00am and Monday and Wednesday evening appointments between 6.30pm-8.00pm. Patients now have the flexibility to choose the location they wish to visit.
The GP surgery team is made up of a range of healthcare professionals with the expertise to help you with your health needs. Often the perception is that patients have to be treated by a doctor; however this is not always the case as doctors are supported by a specialist team of nurses, healthcare assistants, clinical pharmacists, advanced nurse practitioners, physicians associates and emergency care practitioners (ECPs).
With our expanded team you do not need to ring the practice at 8am to make an appointment. If you have an urgent problem as long as you ring the practice before 12 noon we should be able to accommodate your request. If you need a routine appointment for your long term conditions review or medication review please call the practice after 10am. If you are requesting home visit please call before 11am.
Please note due to a power cut in the local area the phone lines at Danbury Medical Centre are down.
Please call 111 or 999 in an emergency
Practice Shut Down Dates
All practices in Mid-Essex will be closed from 12:30 on the dates below.
Mid-Essex CCG will be providing out of hours care for our patients from 12:30 until 18:30 and our telephones will be diverted to the care provider during this time.
- Wednesday 11th December 2019
- Tuesday 11th February 2020
- Wednesday 11th March 2020
- Wednesday 29th April 2020
- Thursday 21st May 2020
- Tuesday 30th June 2020
- Wednesday 29th July 2020
- Wednesday 30th September 2020
- Thursday 29th October 2020
- Tuesday 24th November 2020
- Wednesday 16th December 2020
- Wednesday 24th February 2021
- Wednesday 31st March 2021
- Wednesday 25th December 2019 - Christmas Day
- Thursday 26th December 2019 - Boxing Day
- Wednesday 1st January 2020 – New Year’s Day
- Friday 10th April 2020 – Good Friday
- Monday 13th April 2020 – Easter Monday
- Friday 8th May 2020 – Early May Bank Holiday
- Monday 25th May 2020 – Spring Bank Holiday
- Monday 31st August 2020 – Summer Bank Holiday
- Friday 25th December 2020 – Christmas Day
- Monday 28th December 2020 – Substitute Boxing Day
- Friday 1st January 2021 – New Year’s Day
The Accessible Information Standard
(Site updated 20/11/2019)